Text Editor by its name may sound dull or boring to someone but it has proved to be of great help to many organizations across the globe. It makes your daily tasks a lot easier. For tasks such as making PHP or just taking down simple notes about the project, Text Editor offers plenty of great ways to make them a little easier for you.
With Text Editor, you can do a lot more than simply just code or edit and modify information. It also helps in the real-time sharing of code and in collaborating with other experienced developers.
7 Best Text Editor To Speed Up Your Workflow
Here, we have provided you with a collection of the best Text Editor tools that will help to speed up your workflow. Some Text Editors are also known as IDEs that is integrated development environments. We have given an outline of the absolute best text editor solution for you. Some of them are for experienced developers and others are for beginners or writers.
1. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is one of the popular Text Editor tools in the market. It not only offers amazing shortcuts and search tools for saving time spent on finding certain functions, but it also use low resources to function. You can make changes to multiple lines at once and with great ease using Sublime Text Editor.
It also creates an index of all the used functions and methods on its own so that the user can easily find the shortcut and can customize it while creating the code. Basic features of Sublime Text are –
- User can first test it for free before making any commitment or investment.
- It supports multiple platforms, so that you can use your one license in all of your devices.
- It has split editing feature allowing the user to manage and edit files in multiple windows at once.
- It has very powerful shortcuts that user can easily apply.
- You can customize almost anything from shortcuts to the menu bars.
- Several cool community themes are available on Sublime Text.
Atom is an open source text editor created for developers to keep their thought processes in mind. Experienced developers will find no difficulty while working on Atom as it has clean collaborative tools with sleek editor features and tools for organisations to keep the project in check.
Users can keep watch on all the projects and can share or edit it in real-time. This feature helps the team when its members are working far from each other. Its smart auto-completion feature is another attraction to the user. Some of the features of Atom are –
- The large community of developers provides consistent updates, great themes, and new packages.
- Using the smart auto-completion and find & replace tool, it is quite easy to edit codes.
- It is a cross-platform solution that functions well with all the major OS.
- Users can collaborate with other people on a real-time basis.
- Updates about new themes and packages can be directly accessed from the text editor itself.
Notepad++ is designed in such a way that a beginner can easily understand it and an advanced developer can take advantage of its extraordinary features. User can easily download it and use it for free. Notepad++ has made writing and editing the text a very easy task. More features of Notepad++ are –
- It offers its services for free of charge to everyone.
- It is translated in over 80 different languages and it provides documentation through which you can translate it into your preferred language.
- It makes working easy by eliminating repetitive functions, parameters through its auto completion settings.
- It also has a search engine that the user can use to quickly locate specific functions in large data.
4. CoffeeCup – The HTML Editor
You can effortlessly create and edit texts in HTML documents by using CoffeeCup text editor tool. This tool is recommended for those who are beginners and learning programming languages. Tools like auto-completion of code and tag references takes web designing to another level. Some other features of CoffeeCup are –
- Free trial and free version of the tool is available. Free version has limited features and you can upgrade to its premium version by paying $49 for lifetime access.
- It has advanced editing options with amazing themes.
- It gives standard split screen view to its user for better creation of codes.
TextMate text editor is a great solution for those who like to use Macros and Bundles. You can download and use it for free and for more advanced options you can get its premium version for $59 only. This package looks small but it has some advanced functions and special editing options.
With basic features such as find and replace tool, auto-completion technique, and board management, TextMate has some other features –
- It supports almost every programming language.
- Free and paid versions are available with fantastic function features.
- Users can customize almost every element from changing the language to adjusting the workflows.
- For speeding the process user can generate Macros.
- Users can modify multiple codes and lines at once.
- It has an advanced file searching tool for easy and quick work.
Vim is one of the oldest text editors in the market yet many developers still prefer to use this instead of other text editing tools. It is a stable and reliable tool and it includes several popular tools to attract users. Other features of Vim are –
- Vim supports almost every language and in every format.
- It supports all the operating systems.
- Users can even vote for a particular feature in vim and help in the development of text editor.
UltraEdit is a premium tool; you have to pay at least $99.95 to start using it. This involves access to great features, special editing options, a nice user experience, and all future updates at no extra cost. You can add some additions and upgrade to UltraEdit such as compare tools or finder options. You have to pay extra for every additional upgrade.
Important features of UltraEdit are –
- It has a rapid response team for any customer query and provides good support to its users.
- It is one of the fastest tools when we talk about finding or replacing texts and also in selecting and editing multiple files at once.
- With one license purchase, the user can use this on three different systems.
- With the help of smart templates already present in it, user can easily complete their codes without many complications.
We have discussed some of the best text editors and their key features. We recommend you to try every one of the mentioned tools can then select the one that will work the best for you.