CAD stands for Computer-Aided Design and is one of the applications of computers in the field of design. CAD Software is used by many designers to increase the productivity, quality, and optimization of their design.
They are also known as computer-aided design and Drafting Softwares. This software not only helps in designing but also in storing designs in electronic form for a long time to print or patent an application.
Where Is CAD Software Used?
CAD software is used in the automotive, shipbuilding, and aerospace industries. They are also used for creating computer animation and adding effects to an object and are more widely used in Digital Content Creation (DCC).
CAD software helps engineers and designers to overview and manage their projects in an integrated Graphical User Interface (GUI). CAD is widely used in both industrial and commercial markets.
Top 7 Best CAD Software For All Levels
Today we have compiled and curated a list of the Top 7 Best CAD Software for All Levels below.
TinkerCAD is the Autodesk software that can be used online, i.e. on the website. It is the best software for beginners and those who are just starting their careers in modeling. This also provides you with the basic lesson from where you can learn and starting creating models and objects.
1. Creating 2D and 3D models and is very easy to use.
2. Huge community supports you to collaborate and share your ideas and thoughts and even provides solutions to your problems.
3. You can either use coding or electronic feature as you are comfortable.
1. This is website software, which means there is no offline app or software.
2. This software is only suitable for beginners as it lacks rendering and lighting effects.
FreeCAD is open-source software that provides for the same design and modeling perspective. It allows the creation of 2D objects and also allows the derivation of formula-based models. The software supports two types of saving options namely SVG and PDF.
1. This software is completely free and can be easily used by anyone.
2. It offers numerous options and many customization options.
1. This software has a problem with undoing tasks which can be fixed in future versions.
2. There are glitches in the software which interrupt sometimes between work.
Creo is another best software on the current list. It is known for its best user experience. It works with a single database and is designed to meet your needs and requirements. It is suitable for both beginners and professionals and offers a wide range of options and customization.
1. Allows importing of third-party data with much faster speed.
2. Easily derive a portion of geometry to another object or model using Creo’s parametric relationships.
3. Allows the user to better manage external references and sources.
1. It costs a little more than other software.
2. It can be a bit difficult for beginners to understand and use this software.
Fusion360 is another level CAD software and it really very powerful and the best choice for anyone for non-commercial use. It provides tutorials and information to get you started. It is more focused on the mechanical industry and best suited for experts in that industry.
1. Many features and customizations to make your work easier.
2. Store your files in a cloud database so that you can access it later from anywhere in the world.
3. So many inbuilt tools and shortcuts that speed up the process to complete your tasks.
1. Intermittent errors that lead to changes in the workflow which is really disgusting.
2. Some of the basic features are not easily accessible.
SolidWorks is another software on the list that has excellent results and is best to provide the best experience ever. The industry that uses Solidworks a lot is the mechanical industry because it allows you to easily create a scary mechanical model. It is also easy to modify and is available for free.
1. Provides you the easiest way to convert your 3D model to 2D.
2. Allows you to create both large and small projects.
3. Allows you to assemble different parts so that you know every feature and detail of the parts.
1. The new version has bugs that make the software unstable and crashes often.
2. Slow process while rendering and importing from other sources.
CATIA is a software that everyone chooses. It is best suited for automotive design. It has many assembly options and numerous tools that make it easy to create complex models. This software gives you the best and optimised model. It allows you to connect different parts and bind them easily.
1. One of the best features is the surface modeling module which has attracted the attention of the users.
2. Surface modeling allows you to create complex designs easily.
3. It is best for measurements and accuracy.
1. It has a bit complicated interface, especially for beginners.
2. The software consumes more RAM and is a bit heavy.
Rhino is the software used for large and massive studies and highly complicated models. It allows you to convert files to different formats and file conversion is very easy. It has a very easy-to-use interface and is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
1.It comes with a cost, but it is affordable and it is worth it.
2.It comes with an inbuilt rendering option and gives you the best quality.
3.Allows you to create 2D images and takes visualization to another level.
1.It has few tools but the tools available are great.
2. it is not compatible with Mac.
CAD software is changing the industries in an epic manner. They have changed the way of designing, managing, and preserving it for a long time. So these were the Top 7 Best CAD Software for All Levels.