In today’s digital world, the presentation of something is the most important thing and no one wants the first impression to be wrong. Therefore, presentation software plays an important role whether you are a student, an employee, or a professional.
A presentation is a visual representation of our thoughts. A good presentation is one that conveys our message easily, is attractive and appealing. No matter what department you are from or what profession you are in. You will have to give a presentation at least once in your life. Therefore, it is even more important to choose the best software that will help you do your job more efficiently and attractively.
7 Best Free Presentation Software
In today’s market, there are thousands of presentation software and we do not have the time to test each one. Therefore, below we have compiled the 7 best programs for you to choose from.
1. Google Slides
Google Slides is a product from Google for creating and exporting presentations. It is easy to use for presentations and for staff and students it fabulous app. You can make ppt, pdf, and more in this. Occasionally there are bugs with image sharing just showing an exclamation point in a triangle but that does not happen too often.
1. Does not require any kind of premium subscription.
2. It is a cross-platform software that allows you to export your slides with ease.
3. Allows you to embed images, videos, gifs, etc.
1. The latest update does not support linking with other slides.
2. Long and heavy processes lead to blackout and hang-up of the software.
2. Microsoft Powerpoint
If you ask someone about presentation software, most of them will mention Microsoft PowerPoint because of its extensive features and great ease of use.
It is a Microsoft product and has the best user interface. It is beginner-friendly. Anyone who is computer literate can use it and create presentations. You can also use it to create animations, add various effects, and much more.
1. It has almost all the features that a presentation software must-have.
2. Allows cross-platform synchronization and export.
3. Compatible with various devices.
1. Consumes more memory and RAM takes a lot of time for a process.
2. It is paid and takes time to start.
After PowerPoint, Prezi is the software that meets all the requirements of the users. It is very easy to use and has almost all the features to create a good presentation. Prezis intuitive to use, fun to use and allows interactive presentations. It offers more elementary features for free and is more concise and crisp.
1. The fact that you can start with a pass and then import it into Prezi with one click is just awesome.
2. I can easily share and view my Prezi presentation.
3. Creative way of presenting PowerPoint scripts showing the presenter and technical script to convey ideas and messages.
1. The new version is a bit unstable and not compatible with all devices.
2. Customer support is terrible and nonexistent.
Keynote is another software on the list that can help you create informative and attractive presentations. This software can help you to change and modify the presentations at the last minute. It is the best choice for those who need to make small changes.
1.Transfer documents and slides between devices and access any file remotely from anywhere in the world.
2.It is best when you forget to save a file and close it. It saves in the cloud so you can access it later.
1. It lacks some features like animations and filters.
2. It is only compatible with Mac which means you can not use it on Windows.
Visme is another software in the same category, but is less powerful than the other programs, but is a good choice for beginners. It has easily accessible features and does not offer any options that might put you in a dilemma. It offers a wide range of fonts, images, sizes, icons, and themes. This is the best software if you need to create content for your Instagram page or other social media.
1. Share your work and get help in real-time by sharing your slides.
2. It is also compatible with creating graphics.
3. Create engaging presentations with templates and themes already available.
1. Customising layouts is a bit cumbersome and difficult.
2. Requires subscription which costs a bit more and somewhere also not affordable.
Xtensio, as the name suggests, is an extension-like software that is lightweight yet very powerful. It has all the features to create a quick and impressive presentation that catches the eye. It has numerous features. Using the software requires a certain amount of training, otherwise, it becomes difficult.
1. Allows you to insert a link to an extension file in any email.
2. Add images, videos, gifs, and effects to your document.
3. Create an infographic presentation. By infographic, I mean a presentation with diagrams.
1. Requires a subscription of about $20-$25 to use the services and even download your presentation. You can only create your first page for free.
2. Only a few templates available but can add more in a future update.
7. Zoho Show
Zoho Show is the latest software, but not the last. It’s a really great app for teachers, lecturers, and people who do presentations often. It’s also great for students. It works so smoothly and has many useful features that help me make presentations easier.
It has PC software class features, tons of them, the interface is what the user looks for when using presentation apps, it has a library of images from Unsplash and Google, gradient texturing, and many other texturing features, and the best part is that everything is free.
1. Easy navigation to access the features that help you with some basic presentation tasks.
2. There are no ads, just pure productivity.
1. Presentation cannot be downloaded without logging into an account. You can save it as a .pdf or image but NOT a presentation without an account.
2. Sync to download as ppt takes a very long time.
So these were the 7 Best Free Presentation Software in 2021 which are best researched and provided with both sides of those i.e. their pros and cons.