Screen Software Tools allow the user to work in a more efficient and productive way. A few years ago, the concept of screenshots was not much popular and screenshots were only shared to discuss error messages on screen. But, now snapshot is used by almost everyone and is a part of the routine. For example, people screenshot any message they found funny or want to save for future and also student screenshots any article for educational purposes.
Capturing the screen of your PC or any other device is an easy task and is helpful in many situations. When you want to create any tutorial that will require a proper way of functioning, the screenshot trick comes in handy. Screen captures also serves as proof of something that you have completed or seen. Screen designs by companies are also shared with their clients as a screenshot.
In almost every system there is a print screen button available to capture the screen or the image displaying on the desktop but it has certain limitations of its own. It is quite a dull task to edit the captured screenshot to add texts, arrows, or highlighters. You can do all the editing and modifying work easily with the help of screen capture software tools.
7 Best Screen Capture Software Tools In 2023
There are various types of screen capture software tools available in the market with different features that will help you in capturing the screen of the entire desktop screen. You can select the software by analyzing its features and the screenshot size it captures, the quality of the screen capture, or which operating system it supports.
Following are some of the best Screen Capture Software tools of 2021.
1. Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool is a software program that is a default tool available in windows vista and its above versions. It allows the user to capture the display screen of the desktop. Sometimes it may take few seconds to process the captured screen due to the high-resolution screen display.
The snipping tool allows the user to either capture the entire screen or a portion or the specified area of the screen in rectangular form.
Some of the key features of Snipping Tool are
- Default tool available in Windows OS devices.
- Absolutely free and easy to use.
- It allows users to edit the captured screen using colored pens or highlighters.
- Users can directly add notes to the screenshots.
- The captured images can be saved in PNG, GIF, and JPEG format.
Snagit is a screen capturing software tool offered by TechSmith Company. Using Snagit software you can directly add comments to the captured snapshots and edit those using arrows, shapes, etc. Snagit has built-in advanced image editing options. It also provides a screen recording facility to its exclusive users.
Some of the key features of Snagit are
- Preview windows allow the user to zoom in the image area by just hovering the cursor over the area you want to zoom.
- Users can edit the image size, quality, crop it and add other modifications using special effects.
- It also provides various language support including English, Japanese, Korean and German.
- It allows the user to record the on-screen videos with sound and share it across the web or by email.
- It captures full page screenshots, scrolling screenshots and vertical-horizontal screenshots.
3. FastStone Capture
It is another screen capturing tool that can be used to easily capture the screen and that too in several formats such as rectangular or in the fixed region if specified by the user. The user can directly send the captured image to the printer, clipboard, or email.
Some of the key features of FastStone Capture are
- You can get FastStone Capture’s lifetime access by paying $19.95 only.
- It is a quick response tool and gives a nice user experience.
- You can resize, crop or even add watermark to your captured images.
- It has a built-in screen recording facility that saves files in .WMV format.
- You can save the captured image in several formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and PDF.
- You can also combine the images to make a single image file.
Jing is another screen capturing software tool that is provided by TechSmith. The images that are captured are shared on screencast.com and it allows the user to save or copy the images from that platform. Jing also has the facility to record the on-screen video of your desktop. It is one of the favorite tools among users because of no cost and ease of use.
Key features of Jing are
- You can easily install it on your device absolutely free of cost.
- Users can directly upload and share captured data on social media platforms such as YouTube, Flickr, and others.
This software tool is developed by EverNote that supports both Mac and Windows OS. This is a quick capture tool and allows the user to blur the parts of images that are maybe confidential such as license number, cost, etc.
Important features of Skitch are
- Users can add notes and comments to the snapshot and can highlight specific areas.
- The image captured can easily be shared through email,
- This tool is available for Mac and Windows OS and can also be used in mobile devices having Android or iOS.
- You can easily find the editing options as it is all in one place.
It is a tool developed by MangoApps and allows the user to highlight the specific areas using coloured pens, arrows or shapes.
Key features of TinyTake are
- It is a free tool to capture or record the screen.
- Users can capture the whole screen or a selected area.
- Images captured can be shared across emails or local drives.
- Images can also be captured using a webcam.
It is a standard screen capturing tool and allows the user to edit and highlight the images with arrows, colorful bubbles, boxes, and shapes.
Important features of Screenpresso are
- It is available in free versions with limited options, to access its premium version user need to buy it for €89.
- It maintains a history of all the captured images.
Here we have discussed a few of the best screen capture software tools that are currently available in the market and some of their important features to help you select better among them.