This article makes you aware about the reason for the occurrence of error and also helps you to sort this “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” error.
- Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio.
- The main reason for this error to occur is if you’ve never installed the Microsoft package, then any software that requires that particular DLL from the library will fail to open and gives this error. Unless you have all the required software, the windows program will not be able to open and displays an error message.
- Certain other reasons for this error to occur is when you install a certain version of Adobe software and try opening it; then the error is displayed.
How to Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing Error:
There are 3 different approaches to fix this error. They are
- Fix the error via windows update.
- Download visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2015 directly from Microsoft.
- Repair visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2015 directly.
Method 1 – Fix The Error Via Windows Update:
An update of windows includes Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. If you don’t have it, installing it via Windows Update can be an option. Below are the steps to be followed for installing
Step 1 – Open the Start menu and type “update” and click on “check for updates.”
Step 2 – If you are using windows 10, the updates are detected and installed automatically.
Step 3 – When you are on Windows 7, you need to click on “Install updates.”Once the installation is completed, restart the system.
Step 4 – Open the program which was displaying error previously, to check if the error persists. If the error persists, there are 2 other approaches to fix the error.
Method 2 – Download Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2015 Directly From Microsoft:
The second approach to fix this error is to download the software from the Microsoft website.
Step 1 – Go to this link “https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145” and click download.
Step 2 – Select your system type as X64 for a 64-bit processor and X32 for the 32-bit processor.
Step 3 – After selecting your system type, a file will be downloaded in the .exe file format by clicking that downloaded file, a set of instructions will appear for the installation process.
Step 4 – After successful installation. Open the program which displays an error and check whether if the error still exists or not.
Step 5 – If the error still exists, try to resolve the error by 3rd approach mentioned below.
Method 3 – Repair Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2015 Directly:
If you already have “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015” installed then you need to repair it. The steps for repairing this software are
Step 1 – Open the control panel, Start ->> Search ->> Control Panel.
Step 2 – Set the viewing option to small icons and then search for “Programs and Features,” Click on the icon.
Step 3 – Click on “Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable” and then on “Change.”
Step 4 – Click Repair and proceed with the instructions. After the repair is completed, check if the error still exists or not.
These are the approaches which help you to fix the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. So, Choose the best approach and resolve the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a missing error.